Sunday, October 4, 2009

Ace's Dream

It all started with a dream, a dream about me, in a strange new land were i'm not myself anymore, but someone else. In this dream i am no longer the young teenager that i am today. instead, i am something greater, some far more greater then anything else i could ever fathom. I am the one, or so they tell me. I am the one they have been waiting for, i am their Chosen One.
The dream first starts, with me arriving from an even more foreign land, coming to take my rightful place among them. To be the one they need, the one they desire, the one they all revere, their god of Fire. I don't really know how this honor is bestowed on me, all i remember is waking up surrounded by aids and servants, who then tell all the old and wise men that i am awake. They lead me outside of the chamber, only to realize that i'm atop on some giant temple, where at the foot of the man made stone mountain, the people await me. I step outside not knowing what to do or say, only with the realization that i'm no longer myself, i'm different now, even thought i still look the same, i have now been reborn and my whole body feels like is no longer my own.
I then look outside and see that the sun has gone away, the moon is nowhere in sight, and only darkness adorns the night sky. Until finally, a memory awakens in me, i start to remember the flames that surround the start i grabbed in the palm of my hand only a few hours before i awoke. The shining star falls from the darkness above me, the shine a red light, until suddenly it is surrounded by the never ending fire. I stretch my arm and then grab the start in my right hand, then suddenly everything goes away and then the sun rises from the infinity and then i know what it is like to hold the sun in the palm of my hand.
But was it real, a dream within a dream, can that truly be. At this part of the dream i still standing at the top of the temple, while everyone stares at me. I ignore each and eveyone of them, all i try is to recall the feeling of the sun in the palm of my hand. Then i looked down on my right hand, a moment ago my hand was empty, but now it has a tiny flame just a few inches above my flesh and then i summon the flame. The tiny little flame, stretches with power and awe and then becomes biger and brighter than it was before. I launched it forward, to the sky infront and above me then i stretched out my arms and allow the magestry of my power, unleashed.
Bigger and brighter i silently order it to become, bigger and brighter, bigger and brighter, bigger and brighter. I hear gasp of awe and wonder, mingle between the sighs of fear and alarm. The tiny flame of fire is now so big and so bright that it chases away all of the world shadows. Suddenly, it all become clear to me, the tiny flame that dance on my hand was the sun itself and i as its master commanded it to iluminate our world.
But suddenly, i loose control, the sun refuses to obey me anymore and then it grows, larger and larger, hotter and hotter, until everything around me caughts on fire. First, the houses, then all the trees around the tiny villages, people scream and runaway, without any luck, because soon they also become enflamed in the burning fire, and each and everyone of them turns to ashes. Until finally, i myself caught on fire, and then i die burn to ashes. At this point i awake, bath in sweat, lying on my bed, with nothing on but my red shorts, my heart is racing, i'm short of breath and then i hear the voices in my room clearly whispering that it was all true.
I pull my sheet away and then sit on my bed, i tried to muster the strenght to get up and head to the bathroom, to take an ice cold shower, see if that could calm the fire that seems to be taken over my body. But before i can leave the room, i see a small yellow light coming from one of the drawers on the desk oposite my bed. I get up and head towards it, then i pulled the drawer open and i see that inside is a five point gold start with a red ruby in its center, the star glows a gentle yellow glow and once again i hear the sound of whisper in my ears who warm me to "be ready."
My name is Ace, i'm seventeen years of age and i leave in southern California, I don't know if what i dream was real, all that i know is that there is a glowing start in my bedroom drawer. And i'm still waiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment